Shazam and SoundHound are two popular apps for identifying music and media. This article compares their features, accuracy, speed, and usability to help you decide which music recognition app is best.
Shazam vs SoundHound
Here is an overview of the key features of Shazam and SoundHound:
|Music Recognition Accuracy||Very high||Very high|
|Speed of Recognition||Very fast||Fast|
|Ad-free Experience||No||Yes, with paid subscription|
|Accuracy of song recognition||95%||90%|
|Time to identify songs||3-5 seconds||5-10 seconds|
|Shazam||Free with ads|
|SoundHound||Free with ads, $2.99/month ad-free|
Advantages of Shazam
- Faster song recognition
- Slightly higher accuracy
- Larger music catalog
Advantages of SoundHound
- Offline recognition
- Ad-free option
- Identifies movies, TV shows, and other media
Which is better?
For super-fast music recognition, Shazam is superior.
For offline recognition and an ad-free experience, choose SoundHound.
Here’s a quick summary of which app is best for different needs:
|Identify TV, movies, etc||No||Yes|
- Shazam can identify songs through voice commands, but SoundHound cannot
- SoundHound has more language support options
- Shazam provides more social sharing capabilities
- Both apps have free and paid versions